Wednesday, August 9, 2017

A New Adjustment

It's been nice to know that when I come home every day there's someone there to greet me. It's also been a weird new experience for me, since I'm so used to being by myself every day when I get home.

I came home last night to find that my dad had unpacked most of the boxes. Does that mean that I know where everything is? No. I'm totally lost in my own home but very grateful for what they've done to try and help out.

Yesterday after work, I had to go to the grocery store. My brother specifically requested that I make mom's spaghetti. I called my mom, wrote down the recipe, and ran to the store.

The phone rings...

"Hey Jamie, it's Sam... uh... Can you get me a candy bar? Thanks!"

*Click*

I immediately thought "When did I turn into mom?"

I walked through the front door and Sam leaps off the couch, "Jamie's home!!" He hugs me and runs out the door to get the groceries.
It's been a weird adjustment for me. For 6 years I've been alone. For the last 3 or so, I've been single. I used to come home every night, change clothes, and sit around the house.

I get home now and I kick off my shoes and get into the kitchen to start cooking dinner, doing laundry, planning tomorrow's day, and everything else that's going on.

It's very weird, and I'm just not used to it yet, but hopefully as the weeks go on things will start to fall into place.

I got a text this morning from my dad letting me know how much he appreciates that I opened up my home to them. It really made me feel good, and that this move was something that was beneficial to every part of my family.

I wanted to be around my family, and by God I got that didn't I?

1 comment:

I Turned the Blender on my Finger

It's true. I've lost a little weight, because I lost a big chunk of my finger last night making pesto. Screw meal prep. My good ...